Contributors:

Jessica, Jennifer, Cassie, Jason & Carston Cowley

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter


Happy Easter to everyone! We had a nice day, although it started out a little crazy. Let me start by saying that I have an old alarm clock that automatically adjusts for daylight savings. Now, first, Japan does not do daylight savings; and second, it's an OLD clock, so it adjust on the old weekends. So, Carston woke up last night at 5 AM (by my clock) and Jason got up with him and got him back down. But, it didn't last, so I went in. After I tried to put him down, AND tried sneaking out of his room after just sitting in his chair while he slept in his crib, I decided to let him cry it out. An hour or so later we were back to sleep. Jason had been up late, and we were sleeping away. When I woke up and looked at my clock, it was 7:45! We pretty much have to get going at 7:00 to get everyone ready and to church on time. So I jumped out of bed and ran down the hall and admonished the girls to cooperate with me this morning. I got them fed, and ran up to get myself ready. After we got everyone ready, and snapped a few pictures of everyone in their Easter clothes, we jumped in the car and headed out. Now, it takes us about 20-30 minutes to get to church. So, I looked at the clock in the car, and started to calculate how late we would be. For a minute, I was pretty proud of us, because I thought we might make it on time, if they started late, since it was now 7:45. And then, wait a minute, "Why does that clock say it's 7:45?" And then, we realized what had happened, so we went back home and got Carston some breakfast. We still had our Easter egg hunt after church and had an early dinner of ham and yummy potatoes. Dessert is coconut cake, which I bought, because I'm so domestic! Here are some pictures of the kids!



4 comments:

  1. How funny!! I love the kids Easter clothes!! I missed going to church on Easter Sunday. No cute dresses for my kids! Cassie looks so grown up! Also, I love your temple picture in the background!! Still waiting for pictures of the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious!! The kids look so cute. Cassie and Jessie are growing too fast for us. They good darling in their Easter dresses. We miss you a lot and can't wait to talk to you soon. Love ya!!!! Kristy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I know, I know! We found out that we could hang pictures, so we started with that, but then we need to find a coat tree to fit a picture around that, etc., etc. I'll get to it, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was awesome to see the aquarium and i loved Cassie's and Jessie's dresses. They looked so springy!!! I love the movie you did on the house. it looks like a nice house. Carston's Pouty face is way cute!!!
    P.S. i'm your #1 fan!!!!

    ReplyDelete