Contributors:

Jessica, Jennifer, Cassie, Jason & Carston Cowley

Thursday, June 2, 2011

15 Year Anniversary

March 30, 2011 was our 15th anniversary. I've been stumped on this post for a while. Fifteen years seems significant. But I didn't bring our wedding pictures (no digital copies), and there wasn't much to take pictures of during the day.

We weren't able to do much on our anniversary as it fell on a Wednesday. Jessica woke up in the night ill. She wasn't asleep in the morning, so we were unable to take our morning run. I had visiting teaching appointments during the day, and Jason stayed home with Jess and Carston, so lunch was out. After a quick dinner, Cassie had Activity Day Recognition Night, so we snuck in some brownie sundaes at the end of the night.

We were able to go out on Saturday, though. We went to Seaside Ristorante and I had some delicious, freshly caught mahi mahi and Jason had some scrumptious crab legs. After dinner, we did a little bowling.

For our anniversary, we bought each other this cool running watch. I can hear my brother's commentary on this gift from here. "My sister is becoming obsessed with running." But you don't have to be running for very long before you start to wonder how far and how fast you're going. Plus, how does it compare to your last few runs, not to mention the training benefits this watch offers. Are we obsessed with running? Well, I'd like to say I love it, but I don't. However, a couple of weeks after our anniversary, I came down with bronchitis for four weeks and was unable to run. After about three weeks, I started noticing I was missing it, so maybe I am becoming a little obsessed. The really enjoyable thing is that running has become something Jason and I are doing together. We don't talk much, especially early in the morning, but we motivate each other to get out of bed, and we try to help each other with our individual fitness and weight loss goals.

Also for our anniversary, Jason bought me a bowling set.I have been inviting myself to bowl with Jason and his coworkers at lunch on Thursdays. The house balls are awful. This ball is a hook, so I'm not doing that well with it, but I'm still having fun.

This picture was taken last October. Usually one of us is behind the camera, so there aren't a lot of shots of us together. You know when people say, "Fifteen years ago, I married my best friend..."? Well, looking back on it, he was no where near as good of a friend then as he is now. In fifteen years, we've accomplished quite a lot- three degrees, a career with the Air Force, three wonderful children, a house, a temporary relocation to the other side of the world. I am so glad that I have him to go through these adventures with. Just like best friends, we go through our good times and bad times, but overall, our marriage has been a happy one. Overall, I have been happy to be married to my best friend, whom I love more than I did that day fifteen years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment